Monday, July 25, 2011

An Ouch Moment

You know God speaks to each one of us according to our personalities.  I'm amused by the conversations that he and I have.  But he always speaks in a manner that I "get it".   


I was having one of those parental moments of having to correct my usually very well-mannered son of how rudely his tone and words were towards me.  In the middle of that, God smacked me upside the head (like the NCIS Gibb's slap) and said in his gentle loudness..."Sherry, how often have you done that to me?  How do you think I feel?"  Oh man!  That hit home!  


I had to stop right there and take a moment with God to ask for forgiveness of my failures, the times I acted like a spoiled brat, and the times I cause him pain and suffering.  


God, continue to change me into your image.  Help me to be mindful of you at all times and to never take for granted your love and mercy.

No comments: