Sunday, August 14, 2011

Has The Spirit Left You?

A statement was made at our regional convention..."If the Spirit of God left us, some wouldn't know for 25 years because they know how to have church."

My questions are..."Do you know if the Spirit has left you? Is he moving in your personal life and in your church? Or are you just going through the motions to check off a list to feel good about yourself so you can say that you're a Christian or that you went to church?"

I am not condemning anyone. These are some very serious questions to think about while searching and examining your heart and life. I've done the same as well. As God has brought to light some areas of my heart and life that were not totally in line with his principles and truth I've had to repent and ask him to fix it in me.

I want to have my life's cup overflowing with the Holy Spirit. I want to be all I can be for God. I want to be totally in his will and to be prepared to do his work at any moment. I want to know that I know that I have nothing between me and God.

My heart burns with the desire to know more of him, to seek a deeper relationship with him on a daily basis. I don't want yesterday's knowledge and blessings. I want to grow in him daily and to receive new blessings. I desire to be engulfed by his Spirit daily...a new, fresh annointing. But the only way this can happen is through my desire and willingness to seek him. It isn't always easy. Life throws curve balls at me, but I love God and still find that time to talk with him and seek him so that I can hide his word in my heart.

I encourage you to find that alone time with God each day. It will be the peace in the middle of life's storm.

No comments: