Monday, August 1, 2011

Fall To Pieces?

Proverbs 24:10 TNIV:  If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength?
Proverbs 24:10 NCV:  If you give up when trouble comes, it shows that you are weak.
Proverbs 24:10 MSG:  If you fall to pieces in a crisis, there wasn't much to you in the first place.


How strong are you?  Well, in and of ourselves, we aren't strong.  You say that you have faith in God and stand on his promises.  But how strong are you really?  Do you just give up?  Do you fall to pieces?  Do you whine and whimper?  Do you crumble at the slightest bit of trials and temptations?


Or...


Do you stand firm in God and stand on His promises?  Do you ignore the emotions that overwhelm at times and just stand on his Truth...His Word?  Do you pray the scriptures into your life?  


Lord, I know that the storms of life come and go.  I know that sometimes I must go through the valley and other times I get the privilege of being on the mountain top.  Forgive me of the times that I so quickly let the storms of life overtake me and let my emotions take over.  Help me to not be tossed to and fro by life.  Help me to learn more of you, walk in your wisdom, have my feet set firmly on your Truth, and have your Word hidden in my heart.  Lord, help me to come through the trials of life stronger in you.  Holy Spirit, keep me in line and bring to my remembrance the Truth on which I stand.  God, continue to remove me and fill me with more of you.  Continue to guide me and direct my path.  Thank you, Lord, taking care of me even when I may not be able to clearly see the bigger picture.  Continue to let me see with your eyes and love with your love.  I love you, my friend, my Savior!

No comments: