Sunday, July 13, 2014

Looking Back

Matthew 6:24 MSG
“You can’t worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other."

For a few weeks now, I've had this thought for a blog running through my head.   I've been trying to get my thoughts together on it.

God's been asking me, "Why are you looking back?  Am I not I am?  Will I not stay true to my promises? Do I not take care of you?  Why look back?"

As I ponder those deep questions, I can't help but think of the Children of Israel and Lot's wife. They looked back physically and in their hearts, instead of fully trusting God in all aspects.  Looking back and hanging on to the past didn't and still doesn't produce positive results (captivity, sin, death).  So many times we've lived in a certain situation, bondage, sin, etc for so long that it just feels natural. It was such a part of us that going back to it "fits like a glove" (ST).  But fully repenting and relying on God brings freedom, victory, being overcomers, deeper relationship with him, peace, joy, happiness, promises, etc.

You can't straddle the fence. You either love God or hate God. You can't serve 2 masters. We're being to God or to Satan. But we must make the choice. Make the right choice and don't look back!

God forgive me of the times I've failed and looked back. Continue to change me. Continue to guide my steps and take me on your journey. Protect my heart, mind, eyes, and ears from the lies of the enemy who would want me to doubt you or look back. Help me to be still and rest in you when life gets crazy and burdensome. I am an overcomer through you because through you I can do all things.

No comments: