Monday, October 27, 2008

The Old Fashioned Way


Tonight we had hot dogs the old fashioned way...over a fire. Now we weren't exactly "roughing" it. But we did enjoy a nice fire in the pit on our patio.

It was a great spur of the moment thing to do. None of us really wanted to cook or eat out, so Timmy and I went to the store while Taylor started the fire. He was pretty stoked about that!

I can sit by a fire for hours. Something about it is mesmerizing. All the outside noise of life disappears, and I'm able to think about what is important in life.

I am making a conscious effort to enjoy more moments like these in life. Time away from the race, time to think and reflect, and time to make great memories with the family.

1 comment:

baseball boys said...

Amen! And family is what it's about. I love my boys & I love Tom. I enjoy spending time with them. They are my life, and I am so very blessed to have them. It's the little times that aren't much that mean the most....being together!