Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Overwhelmed

Psalm 61:1,2 NLT  O God, listen to my cry!  Hear my prayer!  From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed.  Lead me to the towering rock of safety.

I feel so overwhelmed these days with thoughts, emotions, and life in general.  There's a storm going on around and within me that many don't see or know about.  Those who do see just don't know how to help.

I cry for help but it seems as though my cries fade and disappear into the raging wind.  God where are you?  I feel so alone. Does no one hear?  Does no one care?  Yes?  No?  Maybe?

Maybe people don't hear or care.  Maybe they do. We as humans do fail each other.   I fail all the time.  Others fail me as well.  But I can't let that take root in me and grow anger and bitterness.  

No matter how I feel, I must realize that God cares, even when Satan is telling me otherwise.  I may not see or know exactly what God is working on for me, but I must just trust him.  

Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT  So be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid and do not panic before them.  For the Lord you God will personally go ahead of you.  He will never fail you nor abandon you.

All I can do is just stand there on his rock of safety, breathe (physically & spiritually), and know that it will be ok as long as I keep looking to and trusting God.  


No comments: