Sunday, September 14, 2008

Resist the Devil

James 4:7
Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil
, and he will flee from you.

This verse has come up twice within the last 4 days. I guess God's trying to get His point across to me - He's always there but we must take action on our end too.

It's as easy as giving it all to God and then telling satan to leave you alone. Now that doesn't mean that he's not going to continue to try to tempt and bother you. But you don't have to handle things alone. No matter what the situation you are faced with, give it to God. And when satan tries to tempt you, tell that low down liar to leave you alone. God is always there with a means of escape.

Lord, help me to always remember that you are always watching over me. All I have to do is turn to you and lay everything at your feet. You will always take care of me and any issue I'm faced with. Give me guidance and strength in all situations.


1 comment:

baseball boys said...

Isn't God amazing that when He's trying to tell us something, it keeps getting dropped before us? If we will stop and listen, He will speak! Keep listening girl! He's speaking to you! ~st