Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Struggle is Real

I just want you to know the STRUGGLE is real!

Stuggle is defined as: 

(1) to make a great effort to do or achieve something or to overcome someone or something, and

(2) to move with difficulty or with great effort.

For me over the last 3 weeks, I have faced both of these definitions of "struggle." It has been difficult to overcome mentally the incident and dealing with flashbacks. It has also been a struggle to move due to being sore and in pain.

I can say that I'm much better than I was. I do still have progress to make. I am making progress one day at a time, one step at a time, one prayer at a time.

My friend/mentor came up with an acronym of STRUGGLE.

S - Simply
T - Trusting
R - Resting and
U - Understanding that MY
G - Good
G - God's
L - Love
E - Endures
~ST

When you look at your circumstances from a different view, the word STRUGGLE means so much more than what you're currently facing.  Taking your view from yourself to your need and dependence on God even more brings light to a completely different meaning of the word. Knowing, trusting, believing that He is always there no matter the circumstance. 

So today, if you struggle with anything in life know that the STRUGGLE is real but look at it from God's perspective, not our own.

No comments: