Monday, July 21, 2008

Fact of Life - Phones Don't Float

over the weekend i was reminded of the cruelty of gravity and that certain items don't float. and i'm sure some are still wondering how my phone ended up swimming with the fish....so here goes....

i enjoyed a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing weekend with my son and brother at greers ferry lake. went tubing, swimming, and caught some good rays. i made it the whole weekend without messing anything up.

it was at the end of the day saturday that life decided to remind me of that wonderful thing i learned about in science...gravity. i sat my phone of the dock box, so it wouldn't get wet in my pocket. little did my brother know that it was setting there when he opened the box. i saw this little red information packed device of mine (that i can't live without) fly through the air and heard "plop". as much as i wanted or willed it to float, the phone & memory card were sinking to the bottom to live forever more with the fish.

now many may think that i would get mad. but somehow, i found the humor in the situation and laughed as i told bobo that my phone just went into the water. of course, he felt awful. but it was my fault for leaving it there instead of a safer place.

i have been looking at phones the last month and was trying to decide whether or not to upgrade to a "big girl phone". i was able to make it back to alltel before they closed and made my purchase. so now i can carry my "big girl phone" while wearing my "big girl panties"...LOL!!!!

please send me your digits, since i am building my information database again.

1 comment:

baseball boys said...

So glad you decided to join the "big girl" world! One thing you said stuck with me. Regardless of how bad we want to "will" something to happen it won't, we have to walk in faith and know that even if life is hard that God will see us through all of the tough times...even as simple as playing sink or swim w/your cell phone. ~st